Top tips for when you are going through a breakup. Quick tips that you should be aware of when you are going through a breakup.
- Be kind to yourself. You are grieving the loss of something, of course you feel sad. You are experiencing major physiological and neurochemical changes. Know that this is normal.
- Unfollow your ex. I know, you will say people can stay friends after a breakup etc etc. BUT when you are trying to recover from a breakup, you will be going through stages of denial and bargaining which isn’t easy to overcome when they are still around.
- Self-soothe. Whether this is by laying in a certain position and having some quiet time to cry. Or whether there is a certain book you could read or friend you could be around. Anything that brings you a small feeling of comfort. Listen to some mindfulness if you are able to.
- Rebuild your relationship with yourself. You will be blaming yourself for this and finding many faults with yourself. Remember your worth. If one person has forgotten your value it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. You have many amazing qualities so remind yourself of those. Ask your friends to help you think of things. Do things for you.
- Talk about it. When you talk to a professional about your breakup, you will gain clarity, understanding, peace and you will also learn to accept the breakup in a healthy and effective way. We offer a FREE telephone session to get started. Book yours here.