When your heart’s breaking, remember that nothing can take away the love. It’s all-powerful, ever-present, intelligent energy that makes life possible. And it’s inside of you right now, beating for you. Hold your hand to your heart. Feel it beating.
46 Healing Quotes for a Broken Heart That Needs Healing
1. “Sadness flies on the wings of the morning and out of the heart of darkness comes the light.” — Jean Giraudoux
2. Every dusk has its dawn.
3. There’s someone who has stood in the same dark place as you. They’d assure you that if you wait for the sun to rise again, you’ll hear the song of hope playing softly with promise.
4. You’re not alone. Ever. Ever. It’s a lie.
5. A broken heart means you’ve loved something, you’ve tried for something, and you’ve let life teach you. It means you lived.
6. “A wounded deer leaps highest.” — Emily Dickinson
7. Your grief is here to teach you something. It doesn’t ask you to let go of love, but quite the opposite — it asks you to love, again and again.
8. In the depths of sorrow you’ll eventually find an unwavering light.
9. Your heart is stronger than you realize.
10. Being consumed by anger, sadness, envy, or frustration is somehow, ironically, just what you need to make a positive change.
11. Your experience of grief is powerful, but so is your ability to love and heal.
12. “What happens when people open their hearts? They get better.” — Haruki Murakami
13. You don’t have all the answers. None of us do.
14. We all need help sometimes, and we’re wise to seek it, accept it, and praise it.
15. It’s okay to not be okay sometimes. Sometimes, it’s normal, healthy, and necessary to feel defeated so you know what it’s like to rise up another time.
16. Courage is moving through this difficult time, breathing through it, one step and one breath at a time.
17. A good life is a collection of moments, some good and some bad, that ultimately form the puzzle of your life. Don’t judge the whole picture by one piece of the puzzle, but lay your hope in the pieces that have yet to fall in place.
18. Love makes itself visible in pain.
19. If you feel the tears welling up, let yourself cry. Let your tears carry the emotions out of your system. Let them blot out the darkness and lead you down the road to healing.
20. To your suffering add understanding, patience, love, openness, and the willingness to remain vulnerable.
21. Grief is frightening, painful, overwhelming, and sometimes lonely, yet it’s somehow and sometimes the only way to experience a deeper sense of love, joy, and peace. Your grief is uniquely yours, but it’s intrinsically connected to everyone and everything in this universe.
22. “Not all those who wander are lost.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
23. This too shall pass. This situation isn’t your final destination, and something good is happening right now on your behalf.
24. A painful ending is really the doorway to a brand new beginning. Do things truly end, then? Open your heart to what you don’t know and can’t see.
25. Some questions don’t have answers, and for those questions, the answer is: love.
26. A broken heart doesn’t mean you’re broken. The crack is there to let the light pour in.
27. “Let your tears come. Let them water your soul.” —Eileen Mayhew
28. Life as you know it (as a human on earth) will end someday, but love doesn’t end. And where there’s love, there’s life.
29. Every single thing has value, and every stage is a step on your way home.
30. “Never forget, you have value. You are worth time, worth energy, worth worship. Your delicate enchantments are a holy wine. Silver aura of my moon. Song of my air. My afternoon shadows. My divine messenger. The literature of stars is in your very pores.” — Benedict Smith
31. When the sun sets, look for the stars.
32. Every interaction, rejection, and heartbreaking lesson is an opportunity to change yourself.
33. Every time you think you’re being rejected, you’re actually being redirected to something better.
34. The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
35. Your wounds become your wisdom.
36. Your heart has infinite depth. Though breaking, it still beats with devotion. Finding yourself in a dark hole of despair means that you’re traveling the depths of your heart, and when you come out on the other side (which you will) your journey will be marked by a spiritual depth, joy, compassion, and a deeper appreciation of your blessings.
37. “The moment that you feel that, just possibly, you’re walking down the street naked, exposing too much of your heart and your mind and what exists on the inside, showing too much of yourself. That’s the moment you may be starting to get it right.” — Neil Gaiman
38. Where there’s pain, there’s also love. Where there’s sorrow, there’s also hope. Where there’s darkness, there’s always light.
39. A good life isn’t judged by the leaves that fall, but by the flowers that grow.
40. “Forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember…” – Lewis B. Smedes
41. You can’t change other people. If they’re not ready or willing to change, try not to hand out blame or fault. This isn’t their time. It’s your time to change your mind.
42. The love that breaks your heart is the same love that will heal it.
43. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” — Henry David Thoreau
44. You’re here. You’ve survived 100% of your worst days. That’s a good track record.
45. From this point forward, the love you feel won’t be determined by your circumstances, but by how you take care of yourself through these circumstances.
46. “A final comfort that is small, but not cold: The heart is the only broken instrument that works.” — T.E. Kalem
. . .
Which of these thoughts did you need today?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know.
Know someone who needs this? Send it to them. Give that light.